In today’s message:
- Four ways to lower your risk from owner-operators
- Loans for repairs and maintenance
- Some humour…
- Helping you buy or sell equipment
- Quick-pay: Want to offer it? Want to get it?
Four ways to lower your risk from owner-operators
I recently heard the following tips from two carriers. Let me know if you have any to add and I will publish them. And if you’ve tried any of these, tell me what you think of them.
1. Install dash cams in all tractors.
Who caused that accident? Did a moose really jump out in front? It’s difficult to argue with video evidence. Good quality dash cams are now inexpensive. And their cost will be very small compared to savings on insurance claims costs.
2. Install moose bars/grill guards on tractors travelling in rural areas.
A driver swerving to avoid a moose or deer will often lose control. Protective bars will reduce truck damage from wildlife and encourage drivers to stick to their lanes.
3. Use a third party to finance repairs and monitor owner-operator credit.
Breakdowns that threaten deliveries often force carriers to advance funds well in excess of the reserve held back from owner-operators. It can be difficult to get these advances back, and even more difficult to refuse to give an advance. Make it company policy that loans for repairs must come from a third-party, independent finance company. The finance company can tell you whether they will lend to an owner-operator, so you can make informed decisions about how you deploy your loads (and risks).
4. Install an intelligent GPS tracking system.
The latest generation of tracking systems can warn you if a truck is speeding, braking hard, tilting, etc. Fuel consumption and hours of service can be tracked remotely. And of course these systems will tell you where a truck is and how long it’s been there.
Do you have any tips you can add? Please reply to this email and I’ll share your tip – with or without your name, as you prefer – with other carriers on this mailing list. And if you’ve tried any of these, tell me what you think of them.
Loans for repairs and maintenance
Yes, that finance company for repair loans is mine…
It’s free to apply for our repair loans, all repairs are considered, the interest charge is simple to understand, and the loan can be paid off early with no penalty. The minimum loan for a single truck is $5,000, but we can do less if the owner has more than one truck.
The initial approval takes less than an hour.
If you have a shop and want to offer your outside customers or owner-operators financing – at no cost to you – or if you have a truck that needs a repair, please contact me. Email: email@example.com Phone toll-free: 1.844.252.0524
- Never test the depth of the water with both feet.
- In you think nobody cares whether you’re dead or alive, try missing a couple of payments.
- Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you’re a mile away and you have their shoes.
- If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.
- Some days you are the dog, some days you are the tree.
- A second grader came home from school and said to his mother, “Mom, guess what? We learned how to make babies today!” A little surprised, the mother tried to keep calm. “That’s interesting,” she said. “How do you make babies?” “It’s simple,” replied the boy. “You just change ‘y’ to ‘i’ and add ‘es’.”
Helping you buy or sell equipment
- Do you have equipment you’d like to sell, but buyers don’t have enough cash?
- Do you want to buy from a private seller who wants only cash?
- Do you have an employee who could be an owner-operator, if only they could get financing?
- Do you want your owner-operator to replace equipment or get an additional unit?
- Does your bank or leasing company say, “No”?
I can help, at little or no cost to you.
Quick-pay: Want to offer it? Or want to get it?
Do you have carriers or other suppliers who have trouble waiting for you to pay them? Perhaps you are brokering loads and need a quick-pay solution to be competitive.
Or maybe you are the one who is waiting to get paid…
Aquilian has quick-pay solutions that will fit your business and speed up your cash flow.